Private and Custom Photo Adventure Tours in Maui, Hawaii
Trust me; I understand that your time is limited here on this wondrous island and that you are hoping to capture as many top-quality photographs as you are able during your short stay. Perhaps even more challenging for you is that you have limited knowledge about the geographical area, climate, people, culture, and secret spots on Maui. Why not plan on one of my customized Hawaii photo tours?
This is where I can help you. Maui has been my backyard and playground for 26 years. I have photographed Mauiʻs “special” places from many angles during different times of the day during varied weather conditions — I know what shots work best. Allow me to maximize your itinerary and provide you a personalized photography learning experience. It makes no difference if you are a beginner hobbiest or a seasoned professional cameraman, we will make it good fun! After all, this is possibly your “vacation” as well, right?
My fees for this unique service are varied, depending on your requests. Here are a few of my standard rates:
- Short session of 2 hours (concentrating on a single location, skill or model) – $225
- Half day photo-adventure tour of 5 hours (morning or afternoon) – $395
- Full day photo-adventure tour of 9 hours (9am to sunset) – $595
- Extra full day photo-adventure tour of 12 hours (dawn to dusk) – $795
- Two-Day Hāna photo-adventure tour (two incredible days with overnight stay) – $1095
- Big Kahuna photo-adventure tour (Use your imagination, I will make it happen) – $995 to $25,000. This is for those who will do what it takes to get the shot.
What will you get for your money? Here are a few benefits you will receive from me that you are not likely to receive from any other photography or tour company:
- Personal photography guidance. As much or as little as you desire. I am one of the leading art-photographers in Hawaii and in the country.
- Chauffeured transportation. You relax between locations in my clean and comfortable Toyota Sienna van. Typically, I will pick you up and drop you off. Door-to-door service makes it simple for you.
- Appropriate light meals, snacks and beverages.
- Assistance with “loaner” camera gear, perhaps an additional lens, or tripod or reflector.
- Secure locking camera cases in the vehicle, for peace of mind.
- An e-book entitled “Every Photographerʻs Guide to Mauiʻs Hāna Highway” will be free for you to download (Available Sept 2013).
- A Randy Jay Braun products “mahalo” gift-bag.
Are additional services offered? Absolutely they are! Here is a breakdown of a few popular add-ons:
- Each Additional Photographer in group – $105. Maximum 3 plus myself in vehicle.
- Each additional ride-along – $50
- Male or female hula dancer in hula attire to model and dance, approximately two hours – $100 payable directly to dancer.
- Overnight camping tent, bag, other supplies – $45
- Overnight hotel – standard hotel rate, unless I can get you a discount.
- Boat or airline excursions – standard fares.
- Computer time scheduled following a photo tour – $85 per hour. Two hour minimum.
Where will we go? Depending on your preferences we can cover any part of Maui. From the summit of Haleakalā volcano crater to an isolated beach. From a lush jungle valley to to a flower farm. Our Hawaii photo tours are designed to cater to your style. I will suggest an itinerary for you to approve.
What camera equipment do you need to bring? Bring what you are able to travel with. A tripod is nice too, but I can loan one to you. I occasionally have extra lenses for you to borrow as well. Your camera does not have to be new or fancy. Consumer-level equipment will work great!
What will the weather be like? On Maui we have eight climatic zones from mountain to desert. I suggest bringing winter clothing if you want to shoot the Milkyway galaxy from the 10,000 foot mountain summit at night. I suggest light clothing and sunscreen and a hat if you want to spend time on the beaches. I always suggest a jacket for rain or wind. My particular list of supplies will be determined when we first agree on your itinerary.
Bringing your laptop computer? I would love to sit with you and teach the basics of Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop so that we can finish a few of your photos while you are still on the island. I am a member of the Adobe beta-test team and an Adobe Influencer. I have attended the past six annual Photoshop World conferences, and I am a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. If I donʻt have the answer, I will find it for you.